quarta-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2020

A question of morality

On the other day I saw an episode of a TV show where a group of teen girls had to sat together and figure out where do they connect. They couldn't, they were super different. But after a while they figured out that all of them were arassed by men. It's surprising the amount of women that suffered with this. Men keep thinking it's normal to do it, like a game of power. Somehow they expect the third arm between their legs will make them superior.
A woman can't dress in a certain way, can't say or act in a way (that men can) and certainly has to keep in mind her role on society and home. Or even just in front of men.
Yes, times changed and a lot changed with them. Women fought for their freedom and their rights. But let's not be mistaken, there is still a long way for equality.
Just now I was waiting my flight when a guy started a conversation with me. On the beginning everything was normal, the guy is nice. And then as he continues to tell me more about his life I begin to understand he's cheating on his girlfriend. He says it like it's normal, something like eating potatoes. "Mexican men, it's fun. For us it's normal". I asked surprised if her girlfriend nows. He says "no, she doesn't. She found out two times but forgave me. She can leave me when she wants". He questioned if Portuguese men aren't like this, if it's not normal. Well, some do it for sure. Let's be fair, women too but it's not correct. At least when your partner doesn't know. If you are in a closed relationship own it or get out. "A question of morality", I said. He's been quite ever since.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário